Welcome to the web site for Maricopa Community Colleges Facilities Planning and Development.
Facilities Planning and Development serves as a District-wide resource for capital planning, development and facilities maintenance in support of Maricopa's education and training mission. We are problem solvers, employing creative approaches to managing functional, operational, or interactive issues related to the physical environment. We work with our colleges to develop intuitive, well-designed, and cost effective solutions.
Our work includes leadership in managing, assisting or supporting colleges with:
- Developing and evaluating facilities with special attention to the needs of Maricopa's many constituent groups and programmatic needs
- Campus master planning and capital programs
- Management of the facilities design and construction process
- Selection and management of architects, engineers, other consultants and contractors
- Construction permits and other community regulatory processes related to our facilities and sites
- Property purchases and other issues related to facilities growth or expansion
- Liaison to local and State government agencies, and public utilities related to facilities
- Project costs, funding and overall budgets
- Facilities infrastructure and systems maintenance
- District’s energy and water conservation programs
- Energy management and life safety systems
- Optimum utilization, operation and efficiency of central plants and utilities systems
Our department strives to be a highly respected, recognized leader in facilities capital development among peer and public institutions.