Workers Comp Campus Procedures- Follow this procedure when receiving and/or working with industrial injuries or illnesses.
Supervisor's Report of Industrial Injury - Supervisors must complete this form for all new injuries/illnesses.
Workers' Compensation Injury Facilities
Triage Now One Page Summary
Triage Now Power Point Presentation
College and District Office Representatives
A work related injury or illness is one in which the injury or illness arises out of the course and scope of your employment. Any injury to an employee during the course and scope of your employment must be reported immediately to your supervisor. The Supervisor's Report of Industrial Injury must be completed and forwarded to District Risk Management within 48 hours of the injury or illness.
If you are injured other than a first aid or life threatening injury, employees and supervisors are to call Triage Now at 844-332-5221. Triage Now is a nurse hotline dedicated to workplace injuries at MCCCD. A registered nurse will gather information about the injured employee and then triage the injury. The nurse will give instructions for care on site or refer you to a clinic for advanced care. They are open 24/7 - 365 days a year.
If medical attention is needed, pursuant to ARS 23-908 Sec. E, Triage Now will send you to the nearest Concentra Medical Center (CMC), U.S. HealthWorks Medical Walk In Center (HW MWI) or FastMed Urgent Care for initial treatment of the injury. If there is a life threatening situation, call 911 for ambulance transport to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Any full-time appointed, classified and non-classified employees determined to be temporarily totally disabled due to a compensable workplace illness or injury are eligible to receive 100% of their normal rate of pay, including premium pay, for regularly scheduled hours per week for up to 30 working days. Such payments shall commence at the beginning of the first work day after the date of injury, upon receipt of proof of disability and an approved claim. Such compensation shall terminate after 30 working days per claim or aggravation of same.
Full-time appointed, classified and non-classified employees who exhaust the 30 working days benefit described above are eligible to receive 66.67% of their average monthly pay, up to a maximum as established by state law, plus $25.00 per month for one or more dependents, during the period of disability. In addition, MCCCD will pay the remaining 33.33% of the employee's average monthly pay out of the employee's accumulated sick leave. Once sick leave is exhausted, an employee may elect to have the remaining 33.33% paid from accumulated vacation
All employees, other than full-time appointed, classified and non-classified employees, who suffer a compensable workplace illness or injury, are eligible to receive 66.67% of their average monthly pay, up to a maximum as established by state law, plus $25.00 per month for one or more dependents.
Upon return to work, the employee must provide Risk Management and the Benefits FMLA Department with a physician's release to return to full duty. If the employee is released to light or modified duty, the medical release must indicate physical limitations and approval for return to work must be granted by the employee's immediate supervisor. When an employee returns to work and needs additional follow-up visits for therapy, sick leave must be used.
Report ALL accidents and incidents, even if medical treatment is unnecessary.